About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Medical Assistant II for our West Campus ENT clinic— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service in the organization’s setting. You will assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to customer questions with prompt information and/or services related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
- Perform patient registration procedures per clinic process
- Prioritize patients to be roomed based on appointment and arrival times and other clinic procedures
- Assist in the collection and documentation of patient/family data which includes biophysical and psychosocial information according to clinic scope and report any abnormal findings to RN or providers
- Follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient test results
- Ensure that requisitions have necessary clinical, demographic, billing, and payor information
- Monitor patient flow and fill in or assign staff as necessary to avoid bottlenecks and assure minimal patient wait and alone time
Skills & Requirements
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant from the National Healthcareer Association or
- Certified Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Assistants or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Advanced Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Basic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Intermediate from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Licensed Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- National Medical Assistant Certification from the National Center for Competency Testing or
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant from the National Association of Health Professionals required or
- Registered Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
- Experience in a health care setting or customer service-focused industry preferred
- Outpatient clinic operations experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.