About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an experienced Physician Assistant — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll work collaboratively with other members of the health care team, including the attending physicians, resident physicians, and fellow physicians to provide comprehensive patient care in accordance with the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners.
This position is outpatient clinic based.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides medical services that are within the education and training of the Physician Assistant within the scope of practice and delegation of the supervising physician
- Utilizes advanced practice knowledge and skills to systematically collect and evaluate health assessment data, and to manage a caseload of patients
- Administers or provides medications as delegated by authorizing physician
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Provides patient care follow-up
- Serves as an educational resource for the patient and family, community, and other health care professionals
- Applies new knowledge relevant to population specific clinical practice
- Demonstrates current professional, managerial, and/or technical knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Physician Assistant Certification from the Texas Medical Board
- Broad knowledge of medical terminology and pathology, a broad knowledge of adult learning principles and how to apply these principles to teaching
- Ability to operate all types of equipment and perform routine and special procedures used in the daily care of the specialty-specific population, the ability to work effectively with others, and the ability to demonstrate leadership qualities
- Preferred: Two plus years of experience in pediatrics or ENT
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.