About Texas Children's HospitalFounded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an Ultrasonographer – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform routine and comprehensive ultrasound examinations for interpretation by the faculty using specialized ultrasound equipment. In assisting the interpreting physician, you will obtain, review, and integrate pertinent patient history and supporting clinical data to facilitate optimal diagnostic results; perform appropriate procedures and record anatomic, pathologic, and/or physiologic data for interpretation by the physician; record and process sonographic images and other pertinent observations made during the procedure for presentation to the interpreting physician; exercise discretion and judgment in the performance of the diagnostic exam; provide patient education related to the ultrasound procedure, and adhere to the standards of care and maintaining a safe environment.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Works independently following guidelines established by Board Certified Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists to produce and document diagnostic ultrasound images
• Performs patient care functions
• Participates in the professional development of self and others
• Adheres to departmental policies and procedures
• Participates in continuing education and in-service programs by attending section meetings, workshops, and seminars; reads professional publications, and reviews procedure manuals
• Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
• Associate’s degree in medical or science-related field of study or graduation from a formal diagnostic medical sonography program required
• RDMS-OB and BLS certification required
• 1 year of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer experience required
• 2 years’ obstetrical scanning experience required
• 2 years’ maternal fetal medicine scanning experience preferred