About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an expereinced Pediatric Nurse Practitioner — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will work under the supervision of practice physician(s) and work collaboratively with other members of the health care team to render age appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Develops and maintains a caseload of patients based on practice goals and objectives
- Supports patient/families in self-management of their health through assisting with education
- Demonstrates Creating SMILES and AIDET philosophies to patients, families, and co-workers
- Facilitates proper billing
- Participates in daily operations of practice
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Registered Nurses License, Certified Nurse Practitioner, Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, and Certified Family Nurse Practitioner by Texas Board of Nursing
- Basic Life Support Certified by American Heart Association
- Fundamental knowledge of pediatric assessment and treatment
- Knowledge of related OSHA and CLIA/COLA guidelines and requirements, general office tasks,
- Confidentiality, and filing system
- Ability to use thermometer, scales, sphygmomanometer/stethoscope, scalp vein needles, hearing/vision screening equipment, pulse oximetry, tympanometer, basic laboratory, i.e., microscope, centrifuge, hematology analyzer, and specimen collection
- Proficiency with treatments such as nebulizer, ear irrigation, and dressing changes
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.