About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Surgical Technician II -Full Time 2:30p-11p someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll handle instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure, assisting the physician while performing related patient care duties in an age appropriate manner as assigned by the circulating nurse (RN).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs patient care related duties
- Prepares OR equipment and supplies while performing patient care related duties in an age appropriate manner
- Demonstrates effective time management skills
- Cares for one or more of the following age groups routinely: Neonates, Infants, Toddler, Preschool Age, School Age, Adolescent, and Adult
- Educational program completion for surgical technologists which may include training programs for surgical technology in the army, navy, air force, marine corps, or coast guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by one of the following: National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting OR National Center for Competency Testing
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a surgical technologist
- Knowledge of a wide variety of instrumentation, equipment, supplies, and surgical procedures particular to an operating room Ability to communicate effectively, be attentive, and anticipate the needs of the surgeon
- Ability to operate sterilizers, microscopes, and surgical equipment related to surgical specialties, i.e., fiberoptic equipment, electrocautery unit, suction machines, orthopedic tourniquets, air powered equipment, etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to meeting customer needs
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.