About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an HR Assistant – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll be responsible for supporting The Texas Children’s by Employee Health and Well-Being team. This role will be primarily responsible for administering of various programs, plans, policies and procedures.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assist Human Resources team with providing daily HR support services to employees
- Troubleshoot and provide prep work to HR team members regarding basic to standard inquiries regarding employment issues, complaints, and application of policies
- Interface with HR team members to communicate responses to issues
- Respond to requests for information in a warm, courteous, and professional manner
- Support HR team members in meetings with employees or leadership, obtaining pertinent information and assisting with follow up as needed
- Display good professional judgment when interacting with others and uses service-oriented verbal and nonverbal behaviors in support of providing exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve conflict among peers in a professional manner as evidenced by strong teamwork
- Promote good interpersonal relationships among employees
- Provide administrative support to respective HR team members
- Screen incoming calls in a friendly and professional manner to provide the best utilization of the Director’s time by assisting employees with accurate and general human resources information.
- Follows up with appropriate HR Team member and obtains necessary information to address questions or concerns
- Schedule appointments for staff or leader with appropriate HR Team member(s)
- Ensure the preparation of materials for meetings, including arranging and scheduling rooms on an as-needed basis
- Open and prioritize mail for review, action, or signature. Maintains working files and confidential files in a manner such that the files are neat and well-organized
- Support with a variety of general administrative tasks relating to overall Campus HR functions
- Participate on various organizational and departmental committees and teams as a contributing team member
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service by consistently adding value to customers and actively participating in HR department initiatives to be the TCH “model” for customer service
- Identify opportunities to increase participation and involvement of HR team members and self by promoting team and departmental initiatives and following all established ground rules
- Collaborate with others as appropriate to continually improve individual and team performance
- Complete assigned team projects accurately and within established timeframes
- Manage and/or contributes to special projects within Human Resources
- Act as a contributing member on special projects
- Support the team, department, and organizational initiatives by participating on and demonstrating awareness and knowledge of complex cross-functional teams
- Maintain involvement in Quality Improvement activities by improving systems in the department
- Identify and improves HR Department daily operations efficiencies
- H.S. Diploma or GED is required
- 2 years experience in an assistant capacity
- Human Resources experience is preferred
- Knowledge of computers, word processing, spreadsheets, and basic math skills
- Broad knowledge of legal requirements related to Affirmative Action, Equal Employment, unemployment claims, immigration, etc., to ensure Hospital is following these activities
- Ability to competently utilize computer word processors and spreadsheet programs and HRIS software
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, time-management and facilitation skills are required
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of personnel within the organization, work autonomously and maintain flexibility and adaptability
- Bilingual- English/Spanish highly preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.