About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
To perform routine housekeeping duties and respond to emergency calls for cleanup of spills in assigned areas in accordance
with standard operating and approved infection control procedures. Responsibilities may include: daily cleaning of unit/area;
cleaning and maintaining patient equipment; transportation of patients safely to and from designated areas; and picking up
and delivering unit specimen/items/supplies as needed. To meet or exceed customer expectations as specified in the Service
Quality Agreement (SQA).
Responsibility A: Performs cleaning duties in assigned areas on a daily basis according to standard operating and
approved infection control procedures.
• Dispenses cleaning chemicals according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
• Utilizes cleaning chemicals according to their appropriate applications using the manufacturers’ recommended
• Cleans and disinfects space in assigned areas following established schedule and prescribed methods.
• Assists in the cleaning of emergency spills as observed or on request and responds within five minutes utilizing prescribed
• Cleans vents and exhaust, intake air grills and supply grills.
• Cleans, dusts, sweeps, and discards all construction debris as requested by leadership.
• If assigned, follows correct procedure for handling, transporting and disposal of general and hazardous waste.
• Maintains positive control of equipment and chemicals through continuous monitoring of cleaning cart.
• If assigned, responds to and performs check out duties within a designated time frame to ensure prompt turnaround of
• If assigned, cleans and sets up rooms for special events and functions.
Responsibility B: Demonstrates ownership for responsibilities in assigned zone and other designated areas.
• Identifies and appropriately resolves space deficiencies in assigned areas to maintain space quality through improvement
of efficiency, outcomes, and customer service.
• Identifies and appropriately reports space quality deficiencies throughout hospital properties according to departmental
procedures, such as Work Orders or Maintenance Checklist. Ensures that deficiencies have been addressed.
• Maintains tools and equipment on a daily basis according to departmental standards and manufacturers’ recommendations.
• Ensures adequate supply inventories to perform daily job responsibilities. Utilizes supplies in a cost effective manner.
• Stores supplies, tools, equipment, and other department items in appropriate and designated areas per department
• Ensures that closet or area is clean and orderly at the end of shift.
Responsibility C: Demonstrates accountability for customer service and professional behavior through personal
work ethic, teamwork and effective communication skills.
• Ensures effective communication and work flow for responsibilities in assigned area as demonstrated by maintaining good
rapport and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers. Completes activities in a manner that
maximizes effectiveness of the task and minimizes the impact to the customer
1 year experience in environmental services in either health
care, hospitality, or contract cleaning service.
Prior hospital experience in Environmental Services and
housekeeping experience preferred.