About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an Inpatient Patient Care Manager (Woodlands) To maintain shift accountability for clinical and personnel activities and to provide support to the Assistant Clinical Director. The Patient Care Manager participates in the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the unit level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• prior charge nurse experience
• Pediatric experience
• Maintains clinical competency, by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are
met, within a family-centered care environment.
• Monitors and facilitates patient throughput to ensure the delivery of safe quality and efficient care.
• Observes, identifies, and addresses human resources issues for assigned staff. Coaches, counsels, and develops nursing
staff to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care.
• Monitors productivity and assures that staffing and resources are aligned with patient care needs.
• Supports the implementation of unit goals and communication of the organization’s strategic plan to staff.
• Participates in unit-based quality initiatives for the purpose of developing and monitoring clinical outcomes that
• demonstrate nursing excellence.
• Bachelor's Degree in nursing
• Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas is required
• Current BLS from the American Heart Association is required
• 2yrs of professional nursing experience
• nights shift experience
• flexibility, upbeat personality
• charge nurse experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Word Processing
• Quality and Improvement concepts and Care experience
• Will need to have or be open to obtain a leadership type certification within first year