About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Patient Access Specialist - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide assistance within a comprehensive guest services program that helps meet the unique needs of members and families at The Center, to include appointment assistance, directions, transportation, and problem resolution. Additionally, you’ll manage and respond to all customer inquiries regarding member accounts and to ensure appropriate issue resolution. You’ll also manage The Center’s self-pay accounts receivables to ensure continuity of cash flow and the collection of all funds (co-pay or self-pay) with efficient account resolution.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides way finding, general assistance and customer service to all Center patients/families
- Incorporates the concept of care team approach by involving appropriate departmental representatives and resources necessary for effective problem resolution for each patient being seen at the Center
- Schedules appointments per practice protocol
- Demonstrates ability to use judgment when scheduling provider’s templates
- Partners with Patient and Family to Achieve Appointment Compliance
- Communicates with the appropriate member of the care team relating to patient and family barriers
- Answers telephone calls, assesses needs and determines appropriate actions for account resolution
- Updates the appropriate systems with comprehensive documentation of all steps taken to resolve the account
- Change Fund Administration
- Patient Receipting and Reconciliation
- Updates, maintains and documents patient account information accurately in the appropriate accounting/billing systems
- Updates guarantor and patient demographics, insurance information, requests, and payment arrangement information as needed
- Actively participates in special assignments, programs, or improvement initiatives with successful outcomes
- Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve, identifies appropriate resources, adapt to ongoing change, and handle conflict management with a professional and supportive attitude
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years customer service or business experience, preferably in healthcare environment
- College degree preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.