About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Manager of Physician & Leadership Compensation – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll be responsible for providing leadership to the Physician Compensation team to meet the needs of the organization. This role will primarily be responsible for directing operations and strategic planning for the compensation design, philosophies and goals of Texas Children's and Baylor College of Medicine including compensation models for clinical, academic and community-based physicians.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Leads the physician compensation team, providing operational and strategic direction to staff
- Oversees the processes of the team, provides audit support and serves as expert on high-level issues
- Ensures that the compensation analysis, administration and processes meet departmental and organizational goals and is conducted in accordance with all federal guidelines and regulations and organizational policies
- Collaborates with Legal, Compliance, Internal Audit and Finance to ensure physician contracts are reviewed and changes proposed annually (date determined by contract requirements)
- Manages team members and team activities by establishing guidelines for individual and team performance to ensure desired outcomes and to meet department and organization goals
- Maintains responsibility for completion of work within the team and holds team members accountable with regard to accomplishing job responsibilities
- Measures customer satisfaction and provides other metrics to benchmark and analyze team performance
- Leads the design and administration of clinical, academic and physician leadership compensation programs
- Works closely with senior members of the Benefits Team to ensure competitive design and proper administration of executive benefits program
- Develops and oversees an internal control process for approval of salary changes and incentive payments that ensures effective financial review and controls and meets organizational standard for compliance Ensures that internal controls processes are documented, followed consistently and approvals follow prescribed procedures
- Manage relationship with consultants to ensure satisfactory standards of service
- Works closely with the Assistant Director, Compensation to set annual goals and work plan for the Physician Compensation Executive Group (EVPs, General Counsel and SVP-HR) and the Texas Children’s Board of Trustee’s Physician Compensation Subcommittee
- Ensures timely and accurate execution of annual goals and work plan
- Leads preparations for presentations to executive committees and work groups
- Collaborates with external third-party physician compensation consultant to ensure competitive and regulatory practice
- Collaborates in the development of the physician compensation consulting budget and manages changes against that budget
- Develops positive working relationships with other HR leaders to ensure alignment of goals and objectives, coordination of services, and effective teamwork
- Completes timely performance reviews for direct reports
- Assures that new staff attends hospital orientation within 30 days of employment
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related discipline
- 5 years of experience in compensation, benefits or finance.
- 2 years in project management and/or formal team leadership.
- Experience in project and/or team leadership
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities, demonstrate a strategic perspective, use effective verbal and written communications, problem-solve and analyze, conduct research and organize data, maintain confidential information, and operate word processing and spreadsheet programs on a computer
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other process/analytical related discipline
- Certified Compensation Professional is preferred
- 1 year of professional compensation experience is preferred
- Knowledge of related state and federal regulations, current industry performance improvement practices, and a general knowledge of QlikView and SQL
- Knowledge of compensation principles and practices, an understanding of team dynamics
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.