About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Practice II Manager - someone who works well in a fast-paced primary care setting. In this position, you’ll direct, supervise, and coordinate the overall operations of a practice as well as advise, coach, and mentor practice staff. Routine decisions include independently addressing issues at the practice level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Monitors work flow and ensures adequate coverage of Level 2 practice
- Schedules staff based on practice needs and fiscal constraints
- Interviews applicants, in conjunction with HR and DRO, to assure that open positions are filled in a timely manner by qualified candidates
- Ensures staff compliance with TCPA policies and procedures and external regulatory agencies of Level 2 practice
- Holds staff accountable for policy and procedure violation, addressing any performance or conduct issues in a timely, consistent manner
- Completes all required inservices
- Maintains budget
- Maintains inventory of supplies to stay within budget
- Manages the dissemination of information
- Conducts staff and provider meetings, on a scheduled basis, to address issues and provide updates
- Demonstrates and ensures excellent customer service
- Coaches and counsels employees of Level 2 practice
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three years of supervisory experience required
- A Master’s degree in Health Care Administration, Public Health or related field will substitute for two (2) years of required
- Certification in practice management from Practice Management Institute is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, use a personal computer, a billing system, and general office machines
- Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, medical terminology, CPT coding, finance, administration, managerial principals, human resources, risk management, performance improvement, CLIA, OSHA, JCAHO, practice operations, managed care, and the Healthcare environment
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.