About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are looking for a Laboratory Technician -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform technical laboratory procedures, analyze data, and report results to be used for the diagnosis and treatment of disease resulting in the provision of quality patient care and to assure and improve laboratory customer satisfaction.
Think you’ve got what it takes
- Performs laboratory testing
- Prepares specimens for referred testing and maintains documentation
- Performs and documents process improvement procedures
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and make minor repairs when applicable, by consulting the equipment manuals, technical support and the manager
- Performs and documents quality control procedures, instrument validations, and minor troubleshooting
- Participates in continuing education
- Assures compliance with Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation (COLA) standards for laboratory accreditation
- Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Associate’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Associate’s degree with MLT certification preferred
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
- Two years’ laboratory experience required
- MLS-ASCP, C-ASCP, H-ASCP, MLS-ASCP, M-ASCP or MT-ASCP certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology preferred
- Bachelor’s degree can substitute for experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.