About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are looking for a Physician Practice Staff Nurse – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will gather information, assess and provide care to patients.
Preferred: OB/GYN, L&D experience, 2 years minimum
Phone triage experience
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Assist with the collection of patient / family data
• Provides general patient care
• Administers medication
• Assists with education of patient / family
• Coordinates referrals
• Triages patients
• Collects specimens and performs laboratory test
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, OR
• Associate Degree in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement, OR
• Diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement, OR
• Other must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN. Verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement is required
• RN certification from the Board of Nursing required
• BLS certification from the American Heart Association required