About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a MRI Specialist— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform exceptional quality routine and specialized radiographic procedures at the request of licensed independent practitioners for interpretation by radiologists. You will integrate scientific knowledge; technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information, and recognize patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. Lastly, you will utilize, maintain, and enhance knowledge of MRI safety and protection for self, patients, and others and demonstrate a detailed understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Prepare, administer and document activities related to mediations following state regulations and institutional policy and liaison between patients, radiologist, and other members of the support team
• Provide information to patients, health care providers, students and the public concerning the role and responsibilities of individuals in the profession
• Work independently performs routine and complex, STAT, urgent, on-call and potentially intraoperative MRI cases, while accurately demonstrating an understanding of anatomy and pathology through proper imaging techniques
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge of information management systems and demonstrate system functionalities, accurately perform functions independently and serves as a resource to others
• Accurately and independently perform procedures, identify and resolve issues and lead efforts associated with quality and process improvement
• Oversee challenging situations and respond with confidence, professionalism, and accuracy in the face of multiple demands and shifting priorities
• Build a rapport and facilitate communication outside of the department and network and coordinate activities within the working group
• Graduate of a formal diagnostic radiology program
• Magnetic Resonance Imaging certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
• Radiography Certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
• Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist from the Texas Medical Board
• Licensed Registered Nurse from the Texas Board of Nursing
• Minimum of 3 years’ of MR experience