About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We’re looking for a Director of Nursing – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will be responsible for the coordination of trauma services and systems to ensure an organized interdisciplinary approach to the delivery of high-quality trauma care. Additionally, you will oversee the Center for Childhood Injury Prevention, the grants provided to the center, the community contacts expected, and the interplay between trauma and childhood injuries.
Needed: Trauma Level 1 experience
Previous Trauma Program leadership experience
Preferred: Pediatric Trauma experience
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Develops, secures approval of, and administers capital and operating budgets for assigned service area in cooperation with the Department of Surgery
• Seeks alternative funding sources via grants and governmental programs
• Ensures the high-quality delivery of trauma patient care services through continuous improvement efforts that include revising and developing nursing standards, implementing appropriate corrective actions to resolve discrepancies, and ensuring adherence to performance improvement initiatives
• Prepares and disseminates information quarterly
• Assures facility compliance with standards for Trauma Center Designation set forth by the American College of Surgeons
• Actively participates in regional and state forums and develops and maintains a variety of external contacts with educational institutions, regulatory agencies, and community and professional organizations
• Maintains cooperative working relationships with physicians, Hospital departments, and staff in order to obtain solutions to problems and improve coordination or services provided and improve patient, physician, and staff satisfaction
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with medical leadership, direct reports, and appropriate interdepartmental liaisons to ensure the achievement of identified goals
• Ensures creation of a work climate that fosters employee participation, satisfaction, and organizational commitment as measured by annual employee survey results, turnover rates, and employee initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing
• Master’s degree in nursing, business, healthcare related field required
• RN license required
• 5 years’ nursing experience, including 3 years of formal management/leadership experience