About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Nursing Operations) – someone to manage daily clinical and personnel activities for the Department. Participates and coordinates the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care. Collaborates with ancillary departments to ensure timely and appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Patient care coordination
• Psyche experience
• Coordinates visits with physicians and ensures appropriate consultations by working with the coordinators
• Coordinates visits with diagnostic imaging department and appropriate pediatric sub-specialists
• Provides follow-up to referring physicians through written documentation based on recommendations for clinical management discussed at the weekly multidisciplinary conference
• Assists the coordinators and/or other members of the health care team in providing education to patients, families, communities, and other staff concerning various aspects of care
• Formulates, implements, and documents teaching plans for patients
• Provides regular written and verbal follow-up with peer established guidelines
• Ensures an accurate, current, and comprehensive database of all sub-specialty patients is maintained
• Supports staff in the development of their schedules and monitors effectiveness of process on staffing needs
• Determines which standards of care and practice apply to the patient; coordinates and communicates this information to other health care team members, in order to meet patient needs
• Bachelor's degree in nursing or associate's degree/diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
• Current RN license in the state of Texas
• Three (3) years of nursing experience
• Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Ability to handle confidential patient information
• Pediatric experience is preferred
• Knowledge of nursing and surgical procedures.
• The ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to problem solve and multi-task.
• The ability to work independently.
• The ability to handle confidential patient information is required.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.