About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Senior Compliance & Privacy Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will oversee the daily operations of our client’s privacy program. Additionally, you will be responsible for privacy incident investigations, auditing, and monitory processes. This role will also be responsible for all client-related education and training incentives.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Conducts and manages privacy investigations
- Conducts initial screening, timely investigation, and triaging of our client’s privacy matters—this includes data collection, analyses, interviews, and report writing
- Conducts privacy-related training and education
- Develops and delivers privacy-related education and training (including risks that are unique to a health plan environment)
- Trains and educates our client’s workforce members to their privacy program and related policies and procedures
- Ensures communications related to Privacy, HIPAA, and other potential Compliance-related issues are completed in an appropriate and timely manner
- Manages and monitors our client’s HIPAA incidents mailbox
- Reports privacy breaches to Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) and Office of Civil Rights, in accordance with required timeframes
- Establishes and maintains open line of communication with the following areas: Members Services, Utilization Management, Provider Relations, Business Operations, Legal Services, Controls and Compliance, and HHSC Privacy
- High school diploma or GED required
- CPC, CCS-P, RHIA, CCS, and/or CHC preferred
- 9 years’ experience in a healthcare regulatory environment including specific experience in project management and audit type work such as planning, supervising, executing, and reviewing audits, reviews, or investigations required
- A bachelor’s degree in healthcare or business-related field can substitute for 4 years of experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.