About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Certified Medical Assistant — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll gather information, assess, and provide direct care to patients. This role works collaboratively with other members of the health care team to render age-appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
- Assists providers during treatment, examination, and testing as directed by the provider and within the scope of practice
- Participates as a member of the care team, working with each member of the team to meet the goals of the patient, and participates in care team meetings such as daily huddle and monthly staff meetings
- Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician per practice protocol
- Supports patients/families in self-management of their health through assisting with education
- Assesses patient’s eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payer before initiating the referral
- Collects and processes specimen according to the manufacturer’s instructions and using proper technique
- Maintains certification by fulfilling continuing education (CE) requirements as directed by the certification agency
- Demonstrates SMILES and AIDET philosophies to patients, families, and co-workers
- Screens presenting patient complaint per practice protocol, using electronic health record for documentation
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduation from a medical assistant or emergency medical technician program or Documentation from the licensing authority confirming that medical assistant/emergency medical technician education is not a requirement for certification.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) course for health care providers
- One of the following certifications:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA-AAM) from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) issued by one of the following organizations: American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
- National Medical Assistant Certification (NCMA) from National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) from National Health Career Association (NHA)
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) from national Association of Health Professionals (NAHP).
- EMT (EMT) issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-Basic (EMT-B) issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-Intermediate (EMT-I) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- One (1) years of related experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.