About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Director of Patient Care Services -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, provide 24-hour accountability for the clinical, administrative and human resources activities within designated clinical service(s). You will also ensure the delivery of high quality, cost-effective, developmentally appropriate patient care in a family centered care environment.
Desired: Formal operational leadership in mid-level (AD or above role) for 3 - 5 years
Nursing certification in area of specialty or leadership
Preferred: Doctorate, pursuing preferred
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Ensures the delivery of high quality, cost-effective patient care within a family centered care environment, as measured by variance analysis reports, revenue enhancement/expense reduction, patient satisfaction results patient complaints, regulatory compliance and new programs/initiatives
• Mentors other leaders in order to enhance performance and develop leadership skills and promotes the on-going development of staff as measured by direct observation, participation in leadership development sessions and feedback from leaders and staff
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with medical leadership, direct reports and appropriate interdepartmental liaisons to ensure the achievement of identified goals
• Ensures the nursing standard of care across the department. Identifies, facilitates and participates in performance improvement projects that enhance patient care delivery systems and/or patient satisfaction
• Identifies, provides, and creates opportunities for staff ongoing professional development to provide a consistent level of service
• Develops and prioritizes service-based goals and operational objectives that support the IDS Strategic Plan as measured by goal accomplishment and direct observation
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
• Master’s degree in nursing, business, or healthcare related field required
• RN license from the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners required
• 5 years’ nursing experience including three years of formal management/leadership experience required