About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Pharmacy Manager – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide support and ensure smooth execution of the daily pharmacy operations. Additionally, you will promote and identify strategies to provide safe, effective services as well as provide patient care in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Assists in the daily management of the pharmacy areas
• Addresses personnel, operational, and scheduling issues and needs
• Builds commitment and promotes quality services
• Performs data collection to support regulatory requirements and for quality improvement measures to support the understanding of operational safety and effectiveness
• Conducts routine audits to ensure compliance
• Supports implementation of projects and programs
• Responsible for training and development activities for area personnel
• Conducts appropriate investigations and follows up on individual and patient complaints
• Submits performance planning documents, ongoing planning materials, action plan and department goals
• Collaborates with colleagues in other departments to ensure all Joint Commission requirements are met
o Inventory: Procurements, Drug Recalls, Drug Shortage/Backorders, Database conversions.
o Floorstock: Floorstock process for all campuses.
o Automated Dispensing Cabinets: maintain supplies in over 200 Medication Omnicells and AWSs at Main campus and Pavilion.
o Controlled substances.
• Bachelor’s degree in science or pharmacy or
• Ph.D. in pharmacy required
• RPH – Pharmacists granted by the state of Texas required
• 3 years’ pharmacy work experience or
• 2 years’ pharmacy residency training required