About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for our next OT/PT Technician - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide assistance to the occupational/physical therapists and physical therapy assistants in providing occupational and physical Therapy treatment programs in a developmentally and age appropriate manner for patients ages 0 - adulthood.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides age appropriate care for one or more of the following age groups routinely: Neonate, Infant, Toddler, Preschool Age, School Age, Adolescent, and Adult
- Attends health, safety and training in-services and other mandatory hospital activities
- Provides set-up/clean-up of patient care area as requested by treating therapist/therapy assistant.
- Thoroughly reviews the individualized patient physical/occupational therapy evaluation, plan of care and progress notes prior to implementing patient care treatment as requested by treating therapist/therapy assistant
- Performs patient care and related activities within the scope of their training and responsibilities (demonstrating basic clinical competencies) as requested by the physical/occupational therapist or physical therapy assistant
- Coordinates patient transportation schedule with primary therapist, patient care unit and coworkers daily as assigned
- Ensures adequate inventory of linen and patient related supplies
- Cleans and disinfects hydrotherapy whirlpools utilizing established departmental protocol following each whirlpool patient
- Cleans therapy mats daily utilizing established departmental procedures
- Informs Manager or designee of all patient/personal injury or unsafe situations, anticipated problems and unusual situations
- Completes appropriate related documentation according to departmental and hospital guidelines
- High school diploma or equivalent education with a basic familiarity with a medical environment preferred
- Strongly Prefer Kinesiology background or related
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience with working with children in some capacity is preferred
- A current basic life support certification or schedule to attend a CPR certification course is preferred
- Demonstration of the basic clinical and non-clinical competencies
- Ability to be articulate, courteous and supportive in dealing with hospital, administrative and departmental personnel, patients and parents
- Independently support and assist in patient care by following the direction of a therapist or therapy assistant
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.