About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Department Secretary -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide secretarial and office services support for the department.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Answers telephones in a professional manner, takes accurate messages and transfers calls to the appropriate party in a courteous and timely manner with no more than six errors per year
- Coordinates daily general communications functions including 1) timely pick-up, delivery and distribution of departmental mail, accurate preparation of outgoing mail, courier and other mail media items for departmental personnel; 2) reliably handling e-mail and facsimile correspondence as directed, with no more than 6 occasions per year of failing to do so in the prescribed manner
- Files and maintains departmental records weekly with no more than 4 occasions per year on which a document is unable to be located due to not being properly filed
- Communicates with staff and other outside individuals daily in a professional and courteous manner with no more than 2 complaints per year being received that communication has fallen below this standard
- Prepares statistical and analytical reports as required and according to guidelines
- Maintains conference room schedules
- Receives requests via e-mail or phone and enters or confirms them within 24 hours after initial inquiry
- Provides consultation to event leaders on room configuration, the best use of space and available AV equipment
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years’ secretarial experience, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Experience with Excel
- Peoplesoft experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.