About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, perform one or more; EEGs/Long term video monitoring; Evoked Potentials or Polysomnography; procedures according to facility policy and procedures. You will maintain patient safety during clinically significant events, and other related duties. You will be responsible for providing findings, results, and a descriptive analysis according to facility policy and procedures. Lastly, as the Technologist specialist you will perform procedures appropriate to their competence and credentials held under general technical supervision.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Demonstrates a mastery of technical and procedural requirements to consistently produce high quality neurologic testing records; is able to adapt all procedures to clinical circumstances
• Ensures electrode application in adherence with the International 10–20 System
• Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to other technology personnel in proper neurodiagnostic procedures
• Assists other technology personnel in preparation for registry or certification credentials
• Documents patient information in patient’s electronic medical record according to hospital and departmental guidelines
• Informs manager or designee of all patient/personal injury or unsafe situations, anticipated problems and unusual situations; completes appropriate related documentation according to departmental and hospital guidelines
• Works with departmental staff and other health care professionals by volunteering regularly to help others when time allows
• Communicates effectively with patient/family, department staff, physicians and other health care professionals to promote quality patient care
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• 3 years of experience in Electroneurodiagnostic Technology inclusive of clinical rotations
• EEG - Electroencephalograph Techn
• EP - Evoked Potentials
• RPT - Reg Polysomnographic Tech
• CLTM - Cert Exam Long Term Monitoring
• CNIM - Cert Neurophy Intraop Monitor
• Ensures electrode application in adherence with the International 10–20 System.
• Knowledgeable in the correct performance of neurodiagnoistic studies, Recognition of clinically significant events and follows facility policy and procedures.
• Ability to independently demonstrate skill in one of the following areas: EEG, EEG Video Monitoring, EP, IONM or PSG.
• Ability to operate neurodiagnostic equipment, video monitoring equipment.