About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Patient Care Assistant – someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll perform a variety of routine and specialized patient care activities, as assigned, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Care will be delivered that incorporates Family Centered Care in a cost-effective manner and is developmentally and age appropriate for the patient population.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Assists with the collection and documentation of patient/family data
· Provides high quality, cost effective patient care in collaboration with the RN and in conjunction with the patient/family
· Assists in identifying patient/family response to care provided
· Maintains accountability for development of self and participates in development of others
· Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional/interpersonal communication, and customer service skills
· Participates in achieving hospital/unit goals
· High School Diploma or GED
· One of the following:
· Completion of a formal nursing assistant educational program or certification (e.g. Diploma/Course/Certificate/Associates Degree/etc. completed in a Certified Nurse Assistant, Medical Assistant, or similar clinical education program)
· One (1) year of direct patient care experience
· Currently enrolled in a BSN degree program with one clinical rotation completed at the time of hire
· Knowledge of nursing care
· Ability to perform tasks for numerous patients and communicate effectively with the team
· Ability to utilize monitoring equipment, basic patient care equipment, computer terminal and telecommunications equipment