About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Solid Tumor / Neuro - Onc Unit) – someone to manage daily clinical and personnel activities for the Department. Participates and coordinates the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care. Collaborates with ancillary departments to ensure timely and appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Oncology and/or Hematology Oncology and/or BMT experience
• Coordinator / project management experience
• Coordinates visits with physicians and ensures appropriate consultations by working with the coordinators
• Coordinates visits with diagnostic imaging department and appropriate pediatric sub-specialists
• Provides follow-up to referring physicians through written documentation based on recommendations for clinical management discussed at the weekly multidisciplinary conference
• Assists the coordinators and/or other members of the health care team in providing education to patients, families, communities, and other staff concerning various aspects of care
• Formulates, implements, and documents teaching plans for patients
• Provides regular written and verbal follow-up with peer established guidelines
• Ensures an accurate, current, and comprehensive database of all sub-specialty patients is maintained
• Supports staff in the development of their schedules and monitors effectiveness of process on staffing needs
• Determines which standards of care and practice apply to the patient; coordinates and communicates this information to other health care team members, in order to meet patient needs
• Bachelor's degree in nursing or associate's degree/diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
• Current RN license in the state of Texas
• Three (3) years of nursing experience
• Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Ability to handle confidential patient information
• Pediatric experience is preferred
• Knowledge of nursing and surgical procedures.
• The ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to problem solve and multi-task.
• The ability to work independently.
• The ability to handle confidential patient information is required.