About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an EDI Architect – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll be responsible for providing lead technical services to analyze, design, and deliver EDI system solutions for all HIPAA related X12 transactions. This role lends expertise to answer technical consulting questions, either individually or as part of a project team. You will serve as a senior subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures associated with transactions. Lastly, this role will promote consistency and collaboration with all functional departments with a primary focus on optimizing all business processes.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Strong prefer experience in the following:
- Experience in developing and implementing HIPAA X12 transaction interfaces.
- Strong Microsoft .NET developer skillset; SQL, C# required and Biztalk preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Experience serving as a senior subject matter expert associated with design, development, processes, and procedures associated with EAI HIPAA related X12 transactions.
- Proven experience promoting consistency and collaboration between all functional health plan departments and IS with primary focus on optimizing EDI and business processes supported by information technology and ensuring compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment.
- Analyze current business practices, user needs, and workflow processes
- Develop Architecture Specification deliverables/companion guides that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes, and people) or operational solutions
- Lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large EDI enterprise solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines
- Devise or modify procedures to solve problems considering system capacity, limitations, and desired results
- Develop conceptual (theoretical) model from multiple data sources to improve performance
- Identify and document data sources, recipients, and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection and maintenance
- Analyze clinical & business use of existing systems to identify problems to be resolved and defines system applications or process improvements
- Recommend modifications to application design or current procedures to maximize the advantages of existing resources
- High school diploma or GED
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or business or technology field or
- A master’s degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or business or technology field preferred
- At minimum 7 years of EDI architecture and design experience, including 3 years' experience in the management of health insurance payor systems required
- Previous Health Plan Information Services experience preferred
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or other business or technology field may substitute for four (4) years’ experience.
- A master's degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or other business or technology field may substitute for two (2) years’ experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.