About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Care Coordinator - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll assess, plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate the options and services required to meet an individual’s health needs. You will provide comprehensive, ongoing case management services to patients by coordinating and managing the care of fragile/high-risk patients, as well as ensure optimal patient outcomes that address quality, service, customer satisfaction, and cost-effectiveness.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Proactively identify patients in need of care coordination through clinical rounds, medical management, staff referrals, parents, staff, home care staff, and/or other internal areas
- Perform a comprehensive goal-focused and individualized assessment for patients referred for evaluation
- Participate in planning and coordinating services across the continuum of care and document the plan in the designated system
- Utilize clinical acumen to facilitate internal and external resources to coordinate the individualized plan of care
- Identify problems/barriers/opportunities for intervention and proactively ensure patient care needs are being addressed
- Routinely assess the patient’s status and progress, and encourage appropriate adjustments to their plan as necessary
- Serve as a communication link between inpatient and outpatient services, various health professionals, and patients/families
- Communicate the utilization assessments need to provide appropriate levels of care during the inpatient stay
- Supervise and instruct the support staff in obtaining data for care coordination
- Complete home, clinic, and/or hospital visits with patients as needed
- Facilitate and/or provide community education/outreach for patients when needed
- Establish and record the progress toward annual goals
- Maintain confidentiality concerning patient/family issues
- Bachelor’s or other degree in nursing required
- RN and BLS required
- PEARS and Case Management certification preferred
- 3 years’ pediatric nursing experience
- Additional experience in community health, complex pediatric patient care, home care, case management, managed care, or utilization review desired
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.