About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Senior Sleep Lab Technologist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform sleep studies and document results according to facility policy and procedures.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Conducts efficient and accurate scoring and reporting of sleep studies
• Generates accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical event data
• Provides quality patient-centered care
• Demonstrates a mastery of technical and procedural requirements to consistently produce high-quality neurodiagnostic sleep studies
• Communicates effectively with peers, patient/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team
• Maintains environment of care
• Tracks inventory, orders and restocks supplies, and ensures all equipment is in working condition prior to each patient test
• High school diploma or GED
• Graduate of a Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) accredited Electroneurodiagnostic Technology program or equivalent formal training preferred
• Basic Life Support Certified by American Heart Association
• Registered Polysomnographic Technologist from Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT)
• Registered Sleep Technologist from American Board of Sleep Medicine preferred
• 2 years of experience in Electroneurodiagnostic Technology, specifically polysomnography
• 2 years of experience in AASM adult and pediatric scoring rules preferred
• Knowledgeable of current AASM adult and pediatric scoring rules; ensures electrode application in adherence with the International 10–20 System
• Knowledgeable in the correct performance of sleep studies
• Ability to independently and accurately score adult and pediatric sleep studies in accordance with AASM guidelines
• Ability to independently demonstrate skill in polysomnography
• Demonstrated ability to operate sleep equipment and video monitoring equipment