About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Certified Diabetes Educator — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide assessment, case management, education, and ongoing management/monitoring to patients and families that promotes diabetes self-management in the inpatient and ambulatory settings.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Evaluate patient needs at appropriate intervals and suggest appropriate management strategies, including IIM, pump therapy, and CGM when warranted
- Record daily activities and submit appropriate paperwork as required, including DME requests, school letters, and pre-operative letters
- Evaluate current practice standards and evidence and develop resources
- Maintain practice at appropriate levels by attending continuing education activities and researching evidence-based practice
- Monitor and manage hypoglycemia and sick days per protocol, make recommendations for medication dose adjustments, and triage urgent calls
- Maintain credentials and participate in community education activities
- Coordinate care with school nurses and other entities as appropriate
- Ensure people have completed the required nutrition care competencies
- Bachelor’s degree required
- RD certification, in addition to CDE certification required
- LD license preferred
- 3 years’ professional clinical experience
- Thorough knowledge of diabetes management, blood glucose meters, insulin infusion pumps, and clinic equipment required
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.