About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or
treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Practice Manager - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll direct, supervise, and coordinate the overall operations of a practice as well as advise, coach, and mentor practice staff. Routine decisions include independently addressing issues at the practice level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Monitors work flow and ensures adequate coverage of Level 1 practice
- Schedules staff based on practice needs and fiscal constraints
- Interviews applicants, in conjunction with HR and DRO, to assure that open positions are filled in a timely manner by qualified candidates
- Ensures staff compliance with TCPA policies and procedures and external regulatory agencies of Level 1 practice
- Holds staff accountable for policy and procedure violation, addressing any performance or conduct issues in a timely, consistent manner
- Completes all required in-services
- Maintains budget
- Maintains inventory of supplies to stay within budget
- Manages the dissemination of information
- Conducts staff and provider meetings, on a scheduled basis, to address issues and provide updates
- Demonstrates and ensures excellent customer service
- Coaches and counsels employees of Level 1 practice
- High school graduate, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One year of supervisory experience required
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for educational requirements
- Certification in practice management is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, use a personal computer, a billing system, and general office machines
- Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, medical terminology, CPT coding, finance, administration, managerial principals, human resources, risk management, performance improvement, CLIA, OSHA, JCAHO, practice operations, managed care, and the healthcare environment
- At least 3-4 years of supervisory experience managing 5+ people in a healthcare environment highly preferred
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong organizational skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.