About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Senior Systems Analyst - Epic Tapestry — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll develop Epic application solutions by investigating processes to understand data and communications flow with individual tasks and transactions within an Integrated Delivery System.
We are searching for someone with previous experience with Epic Tapestry. Specifically, someone with Tapestry Builds, implementations, roll outs, go live, maintenance, and support. This role is also eligibly for relocation assistance.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Identify system or application needs
- Analyze current business practices, user needs, and work flow processes
- Perform vendor analysis and make recommendations
- Investigate alternative solutions, including feasibility studies, using the results from the vendor analysis
- Establish project governance and facilitate team meetings
- Update/track each project implementation plan
- Develop, schedule, and manage test plans for software, network, integration, user acceptance, and parallel usage
- Develop training programs and materials for all user types
- Prepare status reports for management
- Identify the impacts and dependencies of the new system
- Ensure smooth transition of system responsibilities to the support staff
- Facilitate design analysis with users to determine configuration for the user interface
- Specify the design decisions in an accurate and testable manner for developers and database analysts, as well as document the data resources, recipients, and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection
- Coordinate the upgrade schedules with vendors and/or users across the Integrated Delivery System
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree computer science, business administration, health care administration, or another related field preferred
- 9 years of experience in hospital information systems selection, implementation, and support
- Bachelor’s degree will substitute 4 years of work experience
- Master’s degree will substitute for two 2 years of work experience
- Up to 2 years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to 2 years of information systems experience on a month to month basis
- Direct work experience at the Epic Systems Corporation will be counted at a premium, with every 1 year of Epic Systems Corporation experience counted as 2 years of experience
- Knowledge of current business practices and computing systems, interfaces, and hospital and medical group practice standard software
- Familiarity with various operating systems used by hospital and medical group practice data processing techniques and practices
- Knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments and of the health care industry required
- Knowledge of Epic health care applications
- Epic certification is preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.