About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Patient Care Manager – Mother Baby Unit - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you will maintain shift accountability for clinical and personnel activities and to provide support to the Assistant Clinical Director. The Patient Care Manager participates in the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the unit level.
Experience needed: Post Partum and/or Women's Services
Available Days & Evenings
Think you've got what it takes?
• Maintains clinical competency, by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are met, within a family-centered care environment
• Monitors and facilitates patient throughput to ensure the delivery of safe quality and efficient care
• Coordinates and collaborates patient care needs with appropriate members of the healthcare team to achieve desired clinical outcomes and management of care across the continuum
• Demonstrates effective communication skills with health care team and works to eliminate communication barriers. Serves as a liaison between physicians, families, nursing staff and ancillary departments
• Observes, identifies, and addresses human resources issues for assigned staff. Coaches, counsels, and develops nursing staff to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care
• Supports the implementation of unit goals and communication of the organization’s strategic plan to staff
• Participates in unit-based quality initiatives for the purpose of developing and monitoring clinical outcomes that demonstrate nursing excellence
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN)
• Current RN Licensure by the Texas Board of Nurses or Compact Licensure.
• BLS – Cert-Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association
• Two (2) years of nursing experience required and Two (2) years of leadership experience preferred
• Preferred Certification in specialty-specific area or nursing leadership, with completion of certification within 1 year of assuming the role