About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Surgical Technologist I (Full Time M-F 4 10 hour shifts 645a-5p)- someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll handle instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure; and assist the physician while performing related patient care duties in an age appropriate manner as assigned by the circulating nurse (RN).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Performs patient care related duties
• Prepares O.R. equipment and supplies while performing patient care related duties in an age appropriate manner
• Demonstrates effective time management skills
• Cares for one or more of the following age groups routinely: Neonates, Infants, Toddler, Preschool Age, School Age, Adolescent, and Adult
• Educational program completion for surgical technologists which may include training programs for surgical technology in the army, navy, air force, marine corps, or coast guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service
• Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by one of the following: National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting OR National Center for Competency Testing
• Two (2) years of experience as a surgical technologist and has experience in two or more surgical specialties
• Knowledge of a wide variety of instrumentation, equipment, supplies, and surgical procedures particular to an operating room
• Ability to communicate effectively, be attentive, and anticipate the needs of the surgeon
• Ability to operate sterilizers, microscopes, and surgical equipment related to surgical specialties, i.e., fiberoptic equipment, electrocautery unit, suction machines, orthopedic tourniquets, air powered equipment
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to meeting customer needs