About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Pharmacy Manager – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide support and ensure smooth execution of the daily pharmacy operations. Additionally, you will promote and identify strategies to provide safe, effective services as well as provide patient care in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assists in the daily management of the pharmacy areas including staffing when needed
• Addresses personnel, operational, and scheduling issues and needs
• Builds commitment and promotes quality services
• Performs data collection to support regulatory requirements and for quality improvement measures to support the understanding of operational safety and effectiveness
• Conducts routine audits to ensure compliance
• Supports implementation of projects and programs
• Responsible for training and development activities for area personnel
• Conducts appropriate investigations and follows up on individual and patient complaints
• Submits performance planning documents, ongoing planning materials, action plan and department goals
• Collaborates with colleagues in other departments to ensure all Joint Commission requirements are met
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in science or pharmacy or
• Pharm.D. in pharmacy required
• RPH – Pharmacists granted by the state of Texas required
• 3 years’ pharmacy work experience or
• 2 years’ pharmacy residency training required
• Hospital and retail pharmacy experience preferred