About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Manager of Patient Care Nursing Outpatient - Pediatric Surgery & Urology - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will maintain accountability for clinical and personnel activities and provide support to the Director, Medical Director and Practice Administrator for outpatient clinic operations. This position participates in the delivery of high quality, family-centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the clinic level. You will provide leadership to direct clinic patient flow, staffing and clinical quality in collaboration with physician and administrative outpatient leaders.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Coordinates and collaborates outpatient clinical operations and patient care needs with appropriate members of the healthcare team to achieve desired clinical outcomes and management of care across the continuum
• Monitors current and projected patient volumes and clinical processes via data collection and observation
• Compiles, analyzes, and presents data to diagnose process improvement opportunities and goals to team and department
• Observes, identifies, and addresses human resources issues for assigned staff
• Maintains clinical competency by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are met within a Family-Centered care environment
• Supports the implementation of clinic goals (in collaboration with physician and clinic leadership) and communication of the organization’s strategic plan to staff
• Participates in clinic-based quality initiatives for the purpose of developing and monitoring clinical outcomes that demonstrate nursing excellence
• Provides direct patient care to support outpatient clinical operations and patient flow
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
• Registered Nursing License from the Texas Board of Nurses or Nurse Licensure Compact
• BLS Certificate from American Heart Association
• 2 years of nursing experience required
• Preferred nursing experience in outpatient pediatric surgery and/or urology