About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Operating Engineer -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform operations and maintenance activities including, but not limited to: engineering rounds, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, general maintenance and repairs of hospital equipment and buildings including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems in accordance with departmental, hospital, and regulatory agency codes.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Monitors equipment, responds to alarms and emergencies, and performs maintenance duties in assigned areas to ensure facility equipment and systems are functioning properly
- Performs installation and repairs of failed equipment and parts on utility systems according to established standards and within acceptable timeframes
- Performs corrective maintenance duties on buildings, building systems, and equipment as assigned according to standards established by management team
- Meets productivity requirements as determined by management, i.e. maintains minimum average score of 95% of all assigned PMs completed on monthly basis
- Performs preventive maintenance duties on buildings, building systems, and equipment as assigned according to standards established by management team
- Demonstrates ownership for responsibilities in assigned zone and other designated areas
- Identifies and appropriately resolves maintenance deficiencies in assigned areas to maintain space quality through improvement of efficiency, outcomes, and customer service
- Demonstrates accountability for customer service and professional behavior through personal work ethic, teamwork, and effective communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required in addition to one of the following licenses/certifications:
- STATENG1, STATENG2, or STATENG3 from the city of Houston
- JRNYPLUM from the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners
- JRNYELEC from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- DLA from the Department of Labor
- SMA or SMT from the Building Owners and Manager Institute International
- MASTELEC, HVACB WC or ACTECHR from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- 3 years’ experience as a service technician required
- Experience working in a hospital environment preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.