About Texas Children's HospitalFounded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Marketing Writer -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will write and develop internal and external communication material.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Develops and/or implements internal and external communication plans to advance company initiatives with members, potential members and providers
• Plans, researches, writes and edits internal and external marketing deliverables including brochures, magazines, videos, advertisements, news releases, newsletters, direct mail, and website copy
• Consults with departmental teams to plan marketing strategies and deliverables
• Establishes relationships with key leadership and administrative staff within the organization to facilitate knowledge sharing about relevant and timely news for external publication
• Collaborates with key internal stakeholders to develop external communication plans for their departments
• Identifies feedback methods and ways to track and measure the success of all communication efforts
• Identifies ways to periodically track readership and success. Makes recommendations as to which communication methods work best for each external audience
• Plans, designs and implements feedback solutions, both for readers and content providers
• Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, business, marketing, public relations, journalism or mass communication required
• 1-year writing experience required