About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Senior Sleep Center Technologist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll perform sleep studies and documents results according to facility policy and procedures. You will also perform procedures appropriate to their competence and credentials. Lastly, you will be conducting night time sleep studies.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Provides quality patient-centered neurodiagnostic sleep studies
• Communicates effectively with peers and interdisciplinary team
• Troubleshoots equipment and reports all equipment repairs as soon as the need is detected to manager, Biomedical Engineering, vendor, or other appropriate and authorized individuals
• Seeks exposure to educational opportunities to enhance professional growth and technical knowledge related to sleep related disease and neurodiagnostic practice
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• Graduate of a CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program) sleep program
• BLS - Cert-Basic Life Support American Heart Association Basic Life Support
• RPSGT - Reg Polysomnographic Technology Board of Registered Polysomnographic
• Technologists (BRPT)
• RST - Registered Sleep Technologist American Board of Sleep Medicine
• 2 years of experience in pediatric polysomnography (sleep studies)