About Texas Children's HospitalThe Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI) at Texas Children’s Hospital is the world’s first basic research institute dedicated to childhood neurological diseases. Building on our considerable strengths in genetics, neuroscience, and pediatrics, the NRI provides scientists with a world-class technology infrastructure carefully designed to foster collaboration among 30 to 40 basic faculty and clinician-scientists with the goal of accelerating the pace of discoveries from bench to bedside into developing treatments for childhood neurological diseases. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Dispensing Staff Pharmacist for Specialty Pharmacy - Dispensing Team. In this position, you will promote pharmaceutical care in Specialty Pharmacy by managing the medication process, identifying and preventing potential drug-related problems, and resolving actual drug-related problems while physically present in the Specialty Pharmacy. Additionally, you will perform the duties of a registered pharmacist providing direct supervision and oversight during the preparation and dispensing of medications within the Specialty Pharmacy, including oversight of pharmacy.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Ensures the appropriateness of all medication doses in reference to the patient’s diagnosis, weight/body surface area, allergies, and drug interactions as evidenced by lack of medication incidents
· Provides drug information as evidenced by documentation when appropriate and lack of incidents
· Completes intervention documentation in the on-line documentation program according to guidelines and as evidence by pharmacy computer system reports
· Participates in shift report as the on-coming and off-going pharmacist including verbal communication and any other established procedures
· Exhibits leadership in coordinating on-line activities including technician workload, managerial duties, and shift transition as documented by lack of complaints and by peer review
· Supervises medication delivery to patient
· Ensures IPS technician orders, receives, and documents drugs and supplies per study requirement and that study drugs/supplies are placed in the dispensing pharmacies prior to study enrollment
· Bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, or Pharm.D degree required
· RPH license from the state of Texas required
· 2 years specialty pharmacy experience preferred