About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an ECHO Sonographer II — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform independent echocardiographic exams on patients who range in age from neonates to adults.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Performs high-quality normal and complex echocardiographic exams enabling the cardiology staff to make accurate diagnoses of various congenital and acquired pediatric heart abnormalities
• Assists and participates with technical echocardiographic training/instruction of technologists, Pediatric Fellows, and visitors on an ongoing schedule
• Performs daily operational maintenance of the Echo Lab supplies and equipment, ensuring that all supplies and equipment are checked for deficiencies and are safe for operation
• Works with departmental staff and other health care professions to ensure high-quality patient care
• Bachelor’s degree in biological science or technical diploma from school of ultrasound
• Certified Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer from American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
• Certified Registered Cardiac Sonographer from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
• Certified Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
• Certified Canada Regulatory Cardiac Sonographer from Sonography Canada
• 1 year of experience as an ECHO Sonographer in a pediatric environment
• Knowledge of echocardiographic procedures
• Ability to learn ultrasound equipment with specialized Cardiology software and operate at a basic level the following equipment: blood pressure monitor and pulse oximeter, and desktop computer