About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Quality Improvement Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will work as part of the Quality & Patient Safety Team to achieve safe, high quality, cost-effective health care throughout the Pavilion for Women and maintain necessary accreditation status for the organization (CMS, JC, MLOC, and other agencies, as needed).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Optimize an Obstetrical and Gynecological culture that focuses on patient safety, improving processes and outcomes to meet or exceed the expectations of our patients, medical staff, employees, and customers.
- Produces reports for quality improvement, guidelines, utilization, and outcomes, error-free and on time
- Analyzes data to make recommendations on improvement initiatives
- Educates medical staff departments, administrative staff, and ancillary service departments regarding the tools of performance improvement (Key Driver Diagram, Cause & Effect Diagram, SMART Aim, PDSA cycles) methods for measurement, analysis, and reporting to meet the standards of the CMS, JC or other regulatory agencies
- Educates peers, staff, physicians and others on quality improvement initiatives and processes
- Participates in and facilitates medical staff/hospital performance improvement activities
- Performs relevant literature reviews by request and as preparation for defining problems
- Designs and coordinates internal and external reporting, benchmarking and participates in regional and national performance improvement initiatives (DSRIP, Texas AIM, ACOG)
- Utilizes technology solutions to propel improvement work (RedCap, QlikView, Excel, QI Tools, MiniTab, QI MACROS)
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, pharmacy, respiratory therapy, health information management, or business administration required
- CPHQ certification preferred
- RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing preferred
- 3 years clinical and/or quality experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.