About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Outpatient RN—someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position you’ll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, coordination of care, and the coordination of services required for patients outside clinical setting. We need someone who can provide family-centered care to a culturally diverse population in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Assesses patients
· Coordinates care plans
· Collaborates with the patient, family and members of the health care team to establish desired outcomes and to meet immediate and future health care needs
· Implements care plans
· Evaluates care plans
· Educates patients, families and community
· Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
· Demonstrates the ability to manage time and resources in a cost-effective manner
· Accountable for maintaining professional development of self and participates in development of others
· Bachelor of science in nursing, associate’s degree in nursing, or diploma in nursing (bachelor of science in nursing is preferred)
· Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas
· 1 year of professional nursing experience
· Knowledge of nursing functions, basic anatomy and physiology, and diagnostic procedures
· Ability to demonstrate and perform generic and unit-based/critical competencies