About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Enterprise Systems - IT Education & Training -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide support to the Director of Infrastructure Technology Services in planning, directing, overseeing support operations, and maintaining effective Information Systems network of users. This position is responsible as the Service Owner for specified services identified in the Business and Technical Service Catalog. In the role of Service Owner, the position is expected to maintain performance within agreed upon service levels, manage and develop service, continuously improve the quality of service, and work with leadership to implement and retire services. This role also provides support for the enterprise production system architecture by planning, leading, and maintaining an effective information systems network and leading the production and development activities of the system including short and long-term planning, education, training and utilization.
This Assistant Director role will oversee Texas Children's Information Technology (IT) education, training, testing, and communication team. This position is responsible for leading a team providing more than 50 courses, 2,500 training events, and more than 100 build documents annually to 20,000 users at Texas Children's. We are looking for a candidate who has built a consistent job history in enterprise-size organizations leading a fast-paced education & training program in partnership with key stakeholders. The opportunity is to sustain the current operations as well as introduce innovative solutions in the role.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Allocate appropriate personnel and resources to ensure delivery of consistent, high-quality service
- Gather and analyze data, reports and customer satisfaction levels to monitor service and performance and ensure achievement of SLA metrics/goals; recommend service, delivery and process improvements and enhancements
- Provides leadership, training, and develops the Technology or Applications operations teams by addressing staffing, recruiting, personnel issues and operational issues
- Provides support to director of technology or applications in developing and maintaining core infrastructure and integrating systems and relationships to ensure service provided by department operations and with regards to customer service
- Participates in and directs strategic planning and organizational data planning as it relates to project management and service level management
- Reviews and modifies the department strategic plan, developing and implementing new initiatives, as it relates to Information System with the department director of Technology or Applications Services
- Ensures data integrity for all Technology or Applications Services by adhering to defined change management processes and policies
- Ensures that Joint Commission requirements specific to your department are fulfilled but also understand the linkage between your department’s requirements and those of the integrated delivery system
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, information technology, or a clinical degree preferred
- ITIL 3 certification preferred
- 8 years enterprise systems experience which includes 5 years of experience in information systems selection, implementation, infrastructure operations or support required
- Management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree will substitute for 4 years of work experience. Master’s degree will substitute for 2 years of work experience
- Up to 2 years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to 2 years of information systems experience on a month-to-month basis.
- Direct work experience at the Epic Systems Corporation will be counted at a premium, with every 1 year of Epic Systems Corporation experience counted as 2 years of experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.