About Texas Children's HospitalStrategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Specialty Care offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans. Texas Children's Specialty Care locations use child-sized medical equipment in colorful, child-friendly atmospheres that cater to young patients' needs and interests. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant II— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide patient care and excellent customer service in an organizational setting. This role will assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Responds to customer questions with prompt information and/or services related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
• Performs patient registration procedures per clinic process
• Utilizes the patient management system to mark the arrival of patients and opens accounts
• Changes status of all non-arrived patients daily to reflect canceled, no-show, or rescheduled status
• Prioritizes patients to be roomed based on appointment and arrival times and other clinic procedures
• Assists, as needed, licensed staff with the non-financial aspects of the inpatient admission process
• Assists with patient escorts and helps with paperwork as needed
• Assists in the collection and documentation of patient/family data which includes biophysical and psychosocial information according to clinic scope
• Reports abnormal or out of range data to RN or provider
• Ensures that requisitions have necessary clinical, demographic, billing, and payor information
• Monitors patient flow and fills in or assigns staff as necessary to avoid bottleneck and assure minimal patient wait time