About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Diabetes Education Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide assessment, goal setting, education and behavioral intervention, and on-going case management to patients and caregivers to promote diabetes self-management in the inpatient and ambulatory settings.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Teaches patient/family skills for diabetes self-management. Assesses patient family knowledge, individualized the education plan based on learner’s social, economic, cultural and age- appropriate need
- Evaluates patient needs at appropriate intervals and suggests appropriate management strategies, including IIM and diabetes technology
- Documents all patient care related activities within the medical record according to established guidelines and formats
- Develops and provides education materials and resources for TCH staff, patients, caregivers, and the community
- Maintains practice at appropriate levels by attending continuing education activities and staying abreast of current evidence-based practice
- Implements proper protocols for diabetes patient management
- Provides case management related services including requests for durable medical equipment, preauthorization paperwork, and coordination of care with other healthcare providers
- When appropriate a Diabetes Education Specialist with an RD/RDN credential, may assess and provide nutritional care to patients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CDCES from the Certification Board of Diabetes Care and Education required
- RN or RD license from the Commission on Dietetic Registration required
- LD from the Texas State Board of Examiners of Dietitians preferred
- 2 years professional clinical experience required
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.