About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Social Worker—someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. You’ll develop, plan, and deliver pediatric social work services to assist patients and families in making psychosocial adaptations to illness, and utilize health care and community resources optimally.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Facilitates patients/families use of community resources
- Actively participates in providers’ conferences to identify and respond to the psychosocial needs of the patients/families and to provide psychosocial information pertinent to formulating care plans
- Delivers appropriate, focused patient/family counseling in accordance with the patient’s/family’s right to self-determination and principles of confidentiality
- Utilizes quality improvement process to identify improvement opportunities and establish/assess/evaluate programs and services and their outcomes
- Educates self by reading professional literature and attending staff development and continuing education program as evidenced by attendance and CEU records
- Provides psychosocial screenings/assessments by interviewing patients and/or their families for information about the patients’ social, emotional/psychological, developmental/educational/vocational, environmental, financial and health situations, within authorization periods, as required for patient care and/or treatment/transitional planning
- Develops, implements and/or updates comprehensive pediatric social work care plans
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work
- Licensure as Social Worker in the State of Texas
- Previous employment in health care, a health care specialization in schooling or a field work practicum in health care preferred
- Ability to create a thorough psychosocial assessment and develop, implement and evaluate a care plan
- Ability to conceptualize the psychosocial needs presented by the assigned patient population, to intervene with patient/family behavior, to coordinate community resources and to handle crisis and complex psychosocial situations
- Ability to handle grief
- Demonstrate initiative, good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent professional listening and communication skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.