About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024. Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood. To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Director of Patient Care Services -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide 24-hour accountability for the clinical, administrative, and human resources activities within designated clinical service(s). This role ensures the delivery of high quality, cost effective, developmentally appropriate patient care in a family centered care environment.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Ensures the delivery of high quality, cost effective patient care within a family centered care environment, as measured by variance analysis reports, revenue enhancement/expense reduction, patient satisfaction results patient complaints, regulatory compliance, and new programs/initiatives
• Mentors other leaders in order to enhance performance and develop leadership skills and promotes the on-going development of staff as measured by direct observation, participation in leadership development sessions and feedback from leaders and staff
• stablishes and maintains effective working relationships with medical leadership, direct reports, and appropriate interdepartmental liaisons to ensure the achievement of identified goals
• Identifies, facilitates, and participates in Performance Improvement projects that enhance patient care delivery systems and/or patient satisfaction.
• Identifies, provides, and creates opportunities for staff ongoing professional development to provide a consistent level of service
• Develops and prioritizes service-based goals and operational objectives that support the IDS Strategic Plan as measured by goal accomplishment and direct observation
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
• Master’s degree in nursing, business, or healthcare related field required
• RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing or Nursing Licensure Compact required
• 5 years nursing experience including 3 years of management/leadership experience required