About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network, with more than 300 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 60 locations across Texas. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics (TCP) provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services close to home. TCP offers routine childhood immunizations, well visits, sick care, and other visits to support growing children and families. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved
We are searching for an LVN (Pasadena Location) – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will gather information, assess, and provide direct care to patients, as well as work collaboratively with other members of the health care team to render age-appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol.
• Collects and documents vital signs, BMI, height/weight and reason for visit with 100% accuracy. Updates documentation to include if patient has received care at any other location since last visit.
• Prepares patient for examination per practice protocol.
• Assists provider, as directed, during treatments, examinations and testing as directed by provider and within scope of practice.
• Completes treatments as directed by provider and within scope of practice.
• Documents all interventions per practice protocol.
• Calls in or sends electronic prescription refills as directed by provider and per practice protocol.
• Takes messages and returns calls from parents – offers telephone health advice per practice protocol and under provider’s direction, using Barton Schmidt book and LVN Protocols.
• Assists provider in providing office emergency patient care.
• Maintains current CPR certifications.
• Reports all medication and immunization errors to supervisor immediately after becoming aware of the error.
• Documents adverse reactions to medications per policy and procedure.
• Notifies Practice Manager, or designee, of needed medication and supplies weekly.
• Maintains integrity of medication supplies by following infection control and inventory control guidelines.
** Bilingual English/Spanish is a PLUS **