About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Diagnostic Imaging Technical Assistant -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide various assistance to the Pediatric Radiology Department in a manner, which is appropriate ranging in age up to 18 years of age.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Transports patients promptly to and from patient rooms and patient care services as observed by supervisor
• Demonstrates proper mechanical skills in operating and maneuvering transportation devices including wheelchairs, stretchers, cribs, IV poles, and oxygen tanks
• Prepares room for exam as instructed by technologist. Cleans exam table and equipment, and places clean linen on exam table for procedure
• Stocks supplies in technical area and checks for expired supplies
• Transports lab specimens to lab and signs specimens into laboratory log
• Transports documents and films to assigned destinations as requested by supervisor or technical staff
• Assists with first aid when needed by departmental or hospital staff
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Experience in Radiology or hospital setting preferred
• Knowledge of hospital operations, a general knowledge of patient transportation and equipment, BLS, RIS system, and patient care in the department
• Bilingual skills preferred