About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Ultrasound Specialist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform exceptional routine and specialized ultrasound procedures at the request of the licensed independent practitioner for interpretation by radiologists. You will also liaise between patients, radiologists, and other members of the team.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Confirm the patient’s identity with approved identifiers
• Check rooms for daily stock levels to facilitate continuous exam flow
• Verify the patient’s pregnancy and informed consent statuses
• Determine the type and dosage of contrast agent to be administered based on the patient’s age, weight, and medical status
• Anticipate and respond to the patient’s needs throughout the entire encounter
• Provide information to patients, health care providers, students, and the public
• Provide a positive experience to students in your role as a clinical instructor
• Work independently on routine, complex, STAT, urgent, on-call, and potentially intraoperative ultrasound cases
• Perform high quality imaging procedures
• Document incidents, variances, unusual circumstances, or patient concerns
• Maintain accurate records
• Graduation from a formal diagnostic radiology program required
• RDMS-AB, RDSM-OB, RVT, VS, or RDMS-PS certification required
• 3 years’ ultrasound experience required